One of the vehicles designed the replace the French-designed Citroën-Kegresse half-track artillery tractors was the Polish-designed C4P. It was based on the Wz. 34 half-track, which was based on the license-built Fiat 621, with the tracked suspension inspired by the Citroën-Kegresse. Production started in 1936, with about 80 C4P's built by the time of the German invasion.
The C4P was used by the artillery battalions of the Polish motorized brigades, primarily to tow the 75 mm wz. 97 field gun and 100 mm wz. 14/19P howitzer. It was also used to tow other artillery pieces, however, including anti-aircraft guns.
|Speed (road)||35 km/h|