The Light Tank, M24 was developed to have a more powerful gun than the 37 mm guns of the Light Tank, M3 and Light Tank, M5, as well as an overall improved design, improving flotation, mobility and ergonomics. The design was a considerable improvement over the previous light tanks, both in appearence and in mechanics, and the design was purposefully made to allow quick field repairs and support interchangeability of components. The Light Tank, M24 was initiated in 1943-03 under the name Light Tank, T24, and production was authorised in 1943-09. The Light Tank, M24 was standartised in 1944-07.
|Light Tank, M24|
|Armour (range)||10-38 mm|
|Speed (max)||56 km/h|
|Engine||Cadillac, Series 42|
|Primary weapon||75 mm Gun, M6 (1)|